Skip to content

homebrew ssb receiver part 1 – vfo

I rebuilt the si5351 vfo on perfboard. I went with an arduino pro mini with the adafruit si5351 breakout board and a 16×2 lcd screen I pulled out of an old printer.

I’ll be using this vfo in a direct conversion receiver. You can see the start of the audio amp on the breadboard in the background.

boardvfo

 

In other news, I attempted to finish my upconverter. I built it out on a board and replaced the si5351 with a crystal oscillator and added a few filters and now it doesn’t work. After a few hours of tinkering with it, I gave up. I may revisit it soon and if I get it working, I’ll share the schematics and perhaps a video of it working.

Comments are closed.