Skip to content

direct conversion receiver

So, while I was stuck at home sheltering from the winds of hurricane Irma, I knocked together a direct conversion receiver.

I started with the audio amp that I built a while back. I added an SBL-1 mixer and an arduino/si5351 vfo. I then connected the RF amp from the previous post.

I connected it to my 20 meter attic dipole and it received okay, but was pretty noisy. Probably because of all the alligator leads and bad connections. I added a 20 meter band pass filter which helped some. I’ll probably re-engineer it a bit and turn it into a superhet.

One Comment

  1. […] took the direct conversion receiver from two posts ago and converted it to a superhet receiver for 20 […]

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.