Last night, I started testing out a few things from my new haul. First up was an Icom IC-245 2 meter transceiver. From what I have read, these radios don’t seem to be well regarded and it seems that I am lucky that the thing actually works. I does work though, at least on receive. I need to find the mic for it. I hooked it up to my j-pole and was able to decode aprs packets.
Next up was the Sencore Mighty Mite V TC142 tube checker.
It is a nice little compact package and this one is in pretty good shape. It has all of the books and documentation that gives the correct knob settings for each tube. I grabbed the first random tube that I found and tested it out and apparently it is still good.