Yaesu FTDX10

Over the weekend, I continued working on my homebrew 80 metter SSB rig, but I ran into a few issues. While working on the output amplifier, I ended up burning out multiple resistors, trimpots, diodes, and transistors. I was getting frustrated, but luckily, a package arrived that shifted my attention.

My new FTDX10.


I made a few contacts on FT8 and I was able to successfully decode Olivia on 20 meters, but thunderstorms started to roll in, so I jumped off before I could join in the conversation.


I’m really like this radio so far, but I don’t have much to compare it to since almost all of my radio activity has been on homebrew radios.